Re: replacing hinge pins

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: replacing hinge pins
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:18:45 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> I noticed this morning that the reason the GT6's doors are hard
> to open is that they're sagging, presumably from worn pins.
> Is it possible to just knock the pins out of the hinges and
> replace them, rather than having to unmount everything and
> rehang the doors?
>
> What should I make the replacement pins from?

NAPA stores have a surprising array of hinge pins -- Ford, Chrysler,
etc. I re-did TR4 hinges using them. Removal of the hinges is necessary.
I got pins the next oversize and simply drilled out the hinges to fit --
they work surprisingly well and with little slop.
--
uncle jack
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer