Scuttle Vent

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Scuttle Vent
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 00:48:19 +0100
Hey, listers

You're giving it the wrong name.
In the pursuit of originality in all things, for heaven's sake give it the
name we used to call scuttle vents in Coventry.
Believe me, this is absolutely true and not just to add a thread. Everyone
in the factory (even some women as well) called them "testicoolers."
One word of advice FWIW. Often very tempting to push down on them from the
outside to shut them, rather than pulling the handle from the inside.
Done that?
Don't!
The inner wire in the convoluted sleeve quite often buckled by this action
and the over-centre spring did too. Don't know whether Moss or whoever
supply these parts - so probably wise not to risk finding out that they
don't.

John Mac