RE: Timing chain & gears?

To: submit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Eileen Kramer'" <ebk@buffnet.net>
Subject: RE: Timing chain & gears?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 14:11:59 +0100
well, thats a matter of taste, but it always pays to change at least the
crank sprocket with the chain as this obviously turns twice as much as the
cam one and thus wears a lot more. I have resorted to doing that on engines
where the cam sprocket is extortionaly expensive such as XPAG engines. Other
than that its better to replace the whole shebang.

Gernot