Re: TR6: Front brake noise

To: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TR6: Front brake noise
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 06:53:51 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
This stuff is called "disk brake quiet" ofr something similar. I believe
that it's intended to isolate the metal back of the pad from the caliper
piston so that they don't squeek when they rub against each other.

Most replacement pads come with a tube of this stuff, although TR
replacement pads don't. I got a small bottle of it at my local auto
parts store.

--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L - painting and reassembling....