RE: Winter Storage / Oil Change

To: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Steinbeck Michael'" <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
Subject: RE: Winter Storage / Oil Change
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 14:16:24 +0100
There are drawbacks for both. I tend to leave the old oil in, the
disadvantage is that the stuff that has been accumulated in the oil during
its use could be bad for your engine, i.e. sediment in the sump and oilways.
If you change the oil you will have to change it again when you take the car
out of storage as the additives will have aged by that time.
As I am always short of funds I opt for the first method.

Gernot