U-joint installation

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: U-joint installation
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:18:42 -0500
I'll try again. Anyone out there familiar with installing u-joints? I have
figured out how to get them out with my vise, and have had fair success with
it. However, pressing them back in can be a bear, to say the least. Got one
in on Saturday, but it took far longer than I think it should have. I pushed
the cups into the yokes simultaneously, and found I needed three arms and
still didn't have everything covered. Kept losing one needle bearing, so I
had to back it out, replace it, etc. Any tips? They would be much
appreciated. Also, no fancy tools, only a vise, 3/4 socket, and a u-haul
lock (don't ask!).

Thanks.
Bryan
bdstinocher@sewsus.com