Re: Heralds & trunnions new.

To: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bnis.net.au>
Subject: Re: Heralds & trunnions new.
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 22:04:30 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Kris Cotton wrote:

> could you all just drop everything you are doing, yes right now! :-) &
check your lower front wishbones. I have just found front trunnion
bushes ( the plastic ones ) in the two wishbones.Every other car has had
rubber bushes, but this one has the old plastic ones any clues? the car
carries an Oz ID number of 003.

Tony, I assume the bushes you're looking at are the "inboard" ones, where
the bracket mounts to the main frame rail. On the earliest cars, these
were nylon bushes. Another sign of an early lower "a-arm" or wishbone is
the lack of a cross-brace, making the piece more of a "V" than "A" arm.

--Andy