Re: Heralds & trunnions new.

To: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bnis.net.au>
Subject: Re: Heralds & trunnions new.
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:21:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
 Hi kris,
    I guess you're talking about a pretty early Herald? The nylon bushes
with steel sleeving were fitted until about November 1959, but all were
"supposedly" upgraded as part of a recall, I assume at the same time the
later style wisbones were fitted (as already pointed out by Andy Mace).
In practice, most of the 1959 cars I've seen have retained the early
wishbones and bushes.
    All the information I have refers to Coventry assembled cars, so
what the colonial interpretation was I can only speculate. Early parts
lists show the early bushes, but I've never found any new or original
replacements - they're something I'm going to need for Y128s rebuild,
    Regards,
        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by: