Insanity strikes again!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Insanity strikes again!
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:53:18 -0500
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Well listers,  I did it again.  I bought ANOTHER Triumph!  Don't know
whether I should be mad at Carl for pointing the car out or happy that he
did so I could buy it <G>.  As it worked out I managed to beat about four or
five other callers to it.  The general impression after talking to the owner
about the car is that it is definitely in need of a LOT of work.  At this point
he's not sure if its a 1961, 1962 or 1963 car!   Also not sure if its a TR3A or
TR3B, but for the price I figure I can't go wrong.  It has a hardtop but he
thinks its an aftermarket model.  It has the side curtains also.  Apparently
he drove the car up until 1971 when he pulled the head off the car to have a
crack in it welded and then a valve job done.  It sounds like the head never
got put back on the car and it has sat that way ever sense.  Until I see it I
won't know if its rebuildable or if its going to be a parts car.  He swears
that
everything is there, not the best of condition but all there.

I will be picking up the car sometime towards the end of next week.  At that
time I'll post my first impression of the "Gem in the Rough" that I've just
bought.

Thanks again Carl!!!!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
1961 TR4                  CT288L (Hoping to make VTR, Maine)
196? TR3?                (Parts or Long term project?)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108