Re: Tr6 Hard shifting

To: JHHOW@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tr6 Hard shifting
From: johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net (John Haynes)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:36:38 -0400 (EDT)
At 07:45 AM 9/29/98 EDT, JHHOW@aol.com wrote:

>Many thanks all your input. I moved the clevis pin up one hole on the throwout
>arm and so far it seems much better. Had to grind the pin a bit to fit. Now I
>need to test with some hard driving.  So thankyou, Uncle Jack.     John
>
>   Hello John
         No one pointed out the most serious problem that could be the
results of the simptoms you described, so I thought I had better speak up.
Take a pry bar to the front of the crank, and see if it will move front to
rear 1/8 inch or so. If it does, pull the oil pan and look for the thrust
washers.
Sam Haynes
TR3 Original Owner