RE: Have been chasing the wrong item?

To: <DANMAS@aol.com>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Have been chasing the wrong item?
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 07:17:59 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, I ran out bright and early before running off to work and the wire to
the coil is plain white.  I measured the resistance from the fuse block to
the coil and, after cleaning the fuse to get good contact, read .2 ohms.  I
think I'll stop by NAPA on my way into work and pick up a stretch of 10 or
12 gauge wire and jumper the piece anyway.

Also, I think I may have made a serious misstatement.  Once I opened the
hood I realized my recollection of the poles on the coil was backwards.  I
have 8 volts on the negative terminal, not the positive.  I didn't want to
wake the neighbors by running the car this early in the driveway while
checking the + voltage, but I am sure it is in the neighborhood of 12.
(Neighbors bedroom window is only about 5 feet from my drive.)

So I guess this means we're back to the alternator? BTW, yes, this is a 69.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK