TR6 status report

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 status report
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:44:32 EDT
Fellow listers,

I readjusted the valve lash today, with the following results:

#2 went from 50 psi to 145
#3 went from 25 psi to 130
#6 went from 35 psi to 175

The car now runs strong, but I still have a "gurgle" sound that needs to be
investigated yet. I will pull the rocker assembly tomorrow and re-torque the
head to see if that makes any difference. If not, I guess I will get a new set
of gaskets, pull the head, and check the valves and the head gasket visually.
Or is there a better way? Any advice appreciated.

The ws washer switch has been fixed - a little super glue took care of that.

The hood release cable problem turned out to be in the pull handle itself. For
some reason. the handle hangs up in the sleeve in a seemingly random fashion.
The inner cable itself is totally free in the sleeve. TRF has them on sale for
1/2 price right now. I have a new set for the TR/302, so I will use them, and
give the new set to the TR/302.

The alarm siren turned out not to be a problem - the cut-out switch just
wasn't pushed over enough.

I will take the car to the body shop tomorrow for an estimate. Luckily, I
still have the paint code, and the car has been indoors most of its life, so
it shouldn't be too difficult to get a match.

The radiator will be no problem to get fixed. We have a very good, and
reasonable, radiator shop just a few miles from my home.

The picture doesn't seem nearly as bleak today as it did yesterday. The car
will be back to its old self very soon.

Thanks to every one for your interest and concern.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'71 TR6---------3000mile/year driver, soon to be back on the road!
                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html