TR headlights - the sequel

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR headlights - the sequel
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:59:50 -0400
Listers,
A big thanks you to all the replies to my query regarding new lights for
my TR4.  Wasn't that exchange of opinions fun ;-).

The discussion on bright, improperly aim headlights on approaching
traffic got me thinking about a human behavior I've tried hard to
understand.  Mark this one up under "inquisitive minds need to know"

Here goes....why does INTERSTATE (i.e. divided highway) approaching
traffic (that is, those traveling in the opposite direction) feel
compelled to flash me when I have my bright lights on?  I believe the
law in most states is that in this situation one is not obligated to
lower their beams.  They can't be flashing because my lights are
blinding them...remember it's divided and separated with a rather wide
grassy median. When the situation is reversed I think to myself..."oh
their brights are on, but hey they aren't in my face and I have no
reason to look over there anyway, live long and prosper."  Are they just
trying to be friendly and remind me of something I already know. Are
they trying to impose their will on me 'cause they think one shouldn't
be allowed the benefits of bright lights when others are on their
highway?

Other thoughts

Tom Long

64TR4