Need Fred Thomas

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need Fred Thomas
From: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:16:10 -0700
Hi Fred: Apologies for this long message !!! Still working on a radio
for my TR4. I have not contacted the gentleman you advised as I have
found two radios this side of the pond. Not too expensive and both work.
However, I also found from one of our listers, a Smiths speaker for my
car;-n.o.s. in the box. The one that sits on the drivetrain tunnel. It
is really nice. Problem has come up, I am sorry to say, as follows.
Packed in with the speaker is an illustration that states the Smiths
radios 50T;51T;52T;600T;601T;602T;620T and 622T require a special radio
faceplate part #19-001.This bracket looks different from what I have
seen. I have discovered that neither of the radios fit the bracket with
the car. Do you know of this bracket;; or where I can purchase. Perhaps
I will have to make one. If I knew how to scan, I would send a photo of
it to you. I can fax,however, if that will help.
I really want to make this car original if possible. Please let me know
if you have any ideas for me.
Thank you
Dennis Barr