RE: converting radio to pos gnd

To: "'Trevor Jordan'" <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>, "Zempel, David W" <david.w.zempel@lmco.com>, "'triumphs list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: converting radio to pos gnd
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:00:53 -0800
Most car radios also have the antenna grounded both at the antenna mount
and at the radio.
I once saw an MGA catch fire because it had the "cross-wired" solution
suggested by Trevor ! (no fuse in the hot wire, ala British tradition <g>)

The internal conversion should be possible, but difficult.  You will need
to provide DC block in the antenna connections and from the circuit board
ground to chassis ground.  Probably also a high resistance DC bleed to
remove any static buildup from the antenna.

Converting the car to negative ground is much easier !

Randall