Re: Oil Filter Adapter

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Adapter
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:32:23 -0800
Cc: Tom Vaughn <phoneman@adsnet.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob Kramer wrote:

> While on the subject of oil filter adapters. I have a plate adapter that
> diverts all the oil to my oil cooler. It is mounted under the standard
> filter head. I then use the spin on adapter that fits Ford filters (ex.
> Fram PH3600). I'd like to add a remote filter head. Has anyone done this?
>
> ----------
> > From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
> > To: Tom Vaughn <phoneman@adsnet.com>
> > Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> > Subject: Re: Oil Filter Adapter
> > Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 12:55 PM
> >

> > Tom Vaughn wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > Is the oil filter adapter that lets you use a spin on filter reliable?
> > > Do all the suppliers sell the same one?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tom
> > >
> > > 1958 Triumph TR3
> > > 1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > Yes, the filter adaptor is quite reliable and I think everyone is
> > selling the same thing. It is much easier to use than the old cannister
> > filter!
> >
> > Note: If you have an oil cooler, there may be some other considerations.
> > If not, go for it.
> >
> > Alan Myers
> > San Jose, Calif.
> > '62 TR4 CT17602L
> >

> > Alan Myers
> > --
> > MZ

Tom,

I've been looking into this. I've got the Pegasus Racing catalog. What I
plan to do is use a takeoff that replaces the filter (and filter
adaptor) and just screws into the existing filter head (where the
cannister or spin on adaptor would normally attach). From there the
plumbing is: s/s hose to the remote filter head, s/s hose from remote
filter head to oil cooler, s/s return line from oil cooler to the
takeoff at the filter head.

It is preferable to filter the oil before it gets to the cooler, while
it's hot. That and the convenience of a remote filter head are the two
reasons I'm considering this mod. Pegasus offers all the parts I need to
do the job. I am thinking about adding a line to route a bit of
additional oil to the rocker assembly, too.

Off to work. See ya.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L