Re: Wiper motor is worse!

To: "Tony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiper motor is worse!
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:33:44 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Tony,

If I understand what your describing.... you ran the motor with the end
plate off.   This would cause the armature to get magnetically seized on
the field coil.  The bearing in the end plate keeps the shaft lined up
right in the middle of the field coils.....  that's what makes the motor
go.  You may have jammed the gearbox with the shaft cocked.

I don't know what got burned out in the process.  It sounds like the amps
were heating up the parts.   You may still be able to save it by taking it
apart and cleaning the armature and checking the gearbox.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com