Re: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts

To: Gbouff1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:55:06 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Gary :
Most pre-TS60000 cars used the Dzus button stanchions.  The scuttle had
a total of 5 holes on each side, three threaded ones and two larger
ones.  There was then a plate that screwed to the scuttle and carried
the Dzus receivers, which stuck into the two larger holes.
However, the parts book lists the screw type stanchions for early cars
also.  If your car has only two (threaded) holes per side, it may have
been originally fitted for screw type stanchions.

AFAIK, the windscreens themselves are interchangeable, but you need the
stanchions and plates that match your scuttle.  BE careful when
attaching the stanchions to the windscreen.  The screws are NOT all the
same length, and easy to get confused.  Putting a long screw in a short
hole can break the glass !

Randall