Re: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts

To: Bush4brits@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windscreen, Dzus vs. Bolts
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:50:42 EST
Bob,

In reference to your question on the description of the stanchion plate, I
only have one stanchion plate and as it was in thepile of disassembled parts,
I'm not sure what it came from.  The part itself is flat on one side with two
holes that go all the way thru and match the bolt circle of the scuttle of my
59.  The other side has a section about 3/8" wide by 1/8" thick running down
the middle for almost the entire length.  However this raised section doesn't
quite fit in the recess on the stanchion that is from the post 60000
windshield.  Do you think that triumph may have had two non-dzus style plates,
one with the raised detail to use up the last of the dzus style windshields
and a final design less the raised portion for the late windshields?

Thanks,
Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS 58399