Re: Nova Scotia

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nova Scotia
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:38:21 -0500
Cc: GHaynes@aol.com, "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
At 12:19 AM 3/23/99 -0500, Robert M. Lang wrote:
snip
>If you need more info, let me know. FWIW, we drove Boston to Portland,
>ferried to Yarmouth, stopped in Halifax then motored over to Baddeck,
>motored around Cape Bretton, stayed at Antigonish then over to Wolfville
>and finally back to Yarmouth - took about a week alltogether - lots of
>driving, probably 1300 miles or so, maybe a bit more.
>
>It was awesome.

FWIW, my wife and I did this trip a few years back. Unfortunately, we took
the aging Ramcharger, not the TR3! The Portland/Yarmouth ferry can't be
called luxurious, lots of diehard gamblers take the one day round trip
ferry ride to gamble only. The crossing took 11 hours.

Bob's right, the scenery in Nova Scotia is awesome. Cape Breton is
spectacular. Remember, you will want to go around Cape Breton clockwise so
the sun is not always in your face.

Gas was/is real expensive, so taking the old truck that gets 12 MPG was NOT
a good idea! Also, the roads were pretty rough so it is impossible to make
good time, especially in an LBC. But we are here to see the sights, remember!

The trip was great, we highly recommend it to anyone. Plan for one week in
Nova Scotia to see most everything.
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/