RE: Nova Scotia

To: maineac@netquarters.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Nova Scotia
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 05:59:34 PST

>From: Tom Walling & Wendy Rose <maineac@netquarters.net>
>To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: Nova Scotia
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 06:49:58 -0500
>
>----------
>Just to add a little to what Bob said about the ferries to Nova Scotia.

>Bar Harbor is one of those places that defines that experience of the
Maine coast.  There is a ridge or line of mountains that end at Mt.
Dessert Island (where Bar Harbor is located), and the combination of
mountain and ocean is spectacular.  There's a National Park there
(Acadia Nat'l Park), and its the 2nd most visited in the park system.
If you plan to ride to N.S. on the "Cat", I strongly urge you to take
another day or two to explore the Mt. Dessert / Schoodic Peninsula area.

>       Tom Walling

     Another note for you Nova Scotia-bound... If you have the time
     BE SURE to visit Louisburg up on the north end of Cape Bretton
     Island. If you like living history, it's "Williamsburg... North".
     It is a reconstruction of the 17th century French seaport in the
     Americas. During the summer, it is staffed by volunteer
     reenactors... You will happily spend a day there and wish to
     spend even more time. They were still uncovering foundations
     from the original town 15 years ago, and were reconstructing
     what stood where in 1724.

     Hell, It's worth the entire trip to NS!

    Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois