re: Big plugs in TR-250 floor pans - why?

To: "Skip Montanaro" <skip@mojam.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Big plugs in TR-250 floor pans - why?
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 May 99 8:23:57 -0600
 Skip, most of the other responses are spot on. It is called a jacking
hole. If you look at the jacks provided with the earlier cars ( a screw
type ) you can see how it works. The jack provided with TR6's and TR5/250's
(I believe) was the scissor type design and could not be used with the jack
hole. The later cars still have the holes because it is the same floor pan
as the earlier cars and would have cost to much to retool just to get rid
of a hole. It is a handy drain hole though if your car gets flooded.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
-------------
Original Text
From: "Skip Montanaro" <skip@mojam.com>, on 5/7/1999 7:10 AM:

My TR-250 has two large rubber plugs in the floor pans.  I presume 4's and
6's have them as well.  What are the holes they plug used for?  The only
things that come to my mind are letting water out and/or letting water in.

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music"
http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583
: