Question, how do you prep leaded areas for epoxy primer?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Question, how do you prep leaded areas for epoxy primer?
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 13:28:55 EDT
I am almost ready to apply the epoxy primer (PPG DP 40) to my TR3A.  Someone
that I work wilth said that there may be lifting problems using an epoxy
primer directly over leaded areas.  He further said that I should apply a
thin coat of body filler over the leaded area prior to applying the primer,
this would prevent lifting problems.

Is this true and has anyone else had experience with this problem?  Is this a
valid procedure or is there another that is better, or am I worrying about
nothing?  Also, is there a web site with procedures for applying different
automotive finishes?

TIA
Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A,  (struggling to become a car again)