Re: Question, how do you prep leaded areas for epoxy primer?

To: bmack99@home.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question, how do you prep leaded areas for epoxy primer?
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:49:36 EDT
Bryce,
Your FAQ site is great.  Most of the lead on my car is 40 year old factory
and at least a 25 year old repair job, so most of the leaching should have
already occured.  Because of their durable finish, I do want to stay with the
epoxies and urethanes.

In your FAQ, it is mentioned that a thin coat of plastic should be used over
the lead.  These panels are leaded right to size, so I don,t want to build up
the surface too much.  Will a pourable / brushable polyester finishing putty
work, or will I have to use regular plastic filler?

Gary Bouffard