Hot running GT 6 / TR 6 Frame ID

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot running GT 6 / TR 6 Frame ID
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 18:26:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I owned a GT 6+ in 1970,  It was always a hot running car.  The interior was
hot and the enging always seemed to be on the verge of overheating.  If I
remember correctly, the thing that helped it the most was an additive to the
coolant.  I don't remember what it was, but I thinkit reduced surface
tension.  It ws too long ago, I'm afraid.  I loved the look af that car but
the overheating is one of the key points that got me into a TR 6.

The TR 6 I own now has a build date of Nov 1972, on the plate by the
driver's door.  It is registered as a 1973.  I don't know if this
information helps.

Ron