Spin on oil filter adaptor

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spin on oil filter adaptor
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 17:27:11 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I installed the Mocal spin-on filter adaptor today, on my TR3A.  I am seeing
a leak around the outer rim of the adaptor, where it seals inside the groove
that the old cartridge filter holder sat in.  The adaptor is bottoming out
on the inside O-ring, just like its supposed to, but the outer gasket that
was supplied is evidently not thick enough to seal correctly.  Seems to me
that someone had a similar problem recently, and found the perfect gasket
somewhere or other.  I've searched the archive but can'rt find any mention
of this.  Can anyone help me with this?  TIA!