TR3 oil filter problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 oil filter problem
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:28:45 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi gang:

I am using an oil cooler w/ a Modal (sp) spin on filter adaptor on my TR3
and have a nasty leak right at the point where the filter screws into the
cooler adaptor.  At first I thought it was because the adapter fitting
(inside) was to short, but after fixing that it's still there.

The spin on adaptor instructions say to use a Fram FH 966.  I have been
unable to find that exact filter but the cross reference is to a Fram FH
3600.  This appears a little small in that there is a groove on the face of
the adaptor and I THINk that is distorting the rubber seal on the filter.
Does anyone know if the 966 filter might be a bit larger?  Any suggestion
appreciated.

Ken Gano