Overheating GT6...a few more clues

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overheating GT6...a few more clues
From: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:18:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, the vacuum advance on the dist. seems fine. She started this morning,
I backed her out of the driveway, and shut her off. So, she was just a tad
warm. Then, she would not restart on choke at all...wanted the choke closed
and full throttle. Then, when she is running, she wants sone choke for a
long time to keep running (1,500 RPM). It took her 1/2 hour to overheat w/
no driving...just idling. The heater works fine, and there seem to be no air
bubbles or blocks in the system. I'm really starting to suspect the carbs.
Watcha think?

ken shapiro
baltimore
HOT GT6+ KC81872L