What are TR4 Cylinder Head specs?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: What are TR4 Cylinder Head specs?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:33:37 EDT
Hi List,
Last time I had the TR4 cylinder head machined (15 years ago) it seemed they
took alot of meat off the bottom face (push rod tubes were untouched prior,
now they all got machined indicating at least a 1/16th was taken off in my
guesstimation.
In refreshing the head right now it looks like I need to have more taken off
to 'true' the warped face again.

I looked in my two Workshop and Maintenance manuals and nothing is mentioned
about machining the face at all. Right now the depth, from the valve cover
seat (top of head) to the cylinder face (bottom of head), is 3 and 5/16ths
inches.
I'm guessing the machine shop may have to take off 1/32nd to clean it up.

Anyone have an idea of correct range - I imagine when the valves start
hitting the piston tops I've gone too far!
And speaking of aluminum pushrod tubes - anyone have a good solution to seal
them puppies up from seaping oil?

Regards,
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74