Re: "Listserve analyst"

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: "Listserve analyst"
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:17:40 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, pboldtrix@juno.com
According to Dave Massey:

> Philip E Bacon writes:
>
> >What the hell kind of a verb is "tasked"  !!!!!  Phil (not kidding) Bacon
>
> Forsooth, Phil, wherefore dost thou ask questions such as these?
> Anyone who has sat in a meeting with Dilberts pointy hair's boss
> has undoubedly heard this "verb" countless times.

I heard that term used in the military before Dilbert was ever
dreamed of.

And Webster doesn't seem to have a problem with it as a verb either!!

Task \Task\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Tasked}; p. pr. & vb. n. {Tasking}.]
      1. To impose a task upon; to assign a definite amount of business,
         labor, or duty to.

bill

--
bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.