Re: "Listserve analyst"

To: Tfuhrman22@aol.com
Subject: Re: "Listserve analyst"
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 16:37:55 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Well for openers, you should get your terminology straight.  This is a
"mailing list", not a "listserv".  "listserv" is a piece of software used
on some systems to automate the management of mailing lists.  There are
several such software packages in addition to "listserv".  The one most
widely used on the Internet is "Majordomo", and that is what is used to
manage this list.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E