BMW Britain ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BMW Britain ?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:34:01 EDT
London, England, Financial Times newspaper, Saturday September 11th 1999.

from report entitled 'Rover plan to pay in euros for car parts'

I quote just one curious line:

"BMW, which is scrapping the Rover Group name, probably in favour of BMW
Britain.

???
then the report goes back to it's subject of paying in euro's etc...

It mentions that Rover made losses of 700 million GBP last year (1998),
and that BMW is committed to taking out 500 million GBP in costs in each of
the
next three years.

Interestingly, I know of no-one who would even consider actually buying any
new Rover car these days.

I can't help wondering what BMW may eventually do with Rover, or whatever
they may end up being called ?

Léon
(If I hear or read any more, I will let the list know)