Re: License plate fitting

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: License plate fitting
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:03:30 -0400
TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all-
>
> I have restored a Heritage bodyshell. The car has been a "trailer queen" for
> 2 years and I have now started driving it. The fun is just now starting!
> Great car.
>
> I need to place the license plate on the car and want to make sure that I do
> it as it would have been done at the factory (or the dealer). Does anyone
> know how a 1971 TR 6 would have had it's license plate affixed to the car?
> The bodyshells do not have any predrilled holes.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Steve Thornton
> Bowling Green, KY.
> Triumphs-
> 1954 TR2
> 1963 TR3B
> 1968 TR 250
> 1971 TR6 (without a license plate)

Steve,

Put it on as sloppily as possible and it'll be just like it came from the
dealer.  In
fact, to insure an original look, carefully measure and center everything to
mark the
holes.  Then be sure to drill ANYWHERE BUT where those center marks are!  ;-)

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars