RE: "not sporty at all" ??? was TR4 Made by Honda?

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "not sporty at all" ??? was TR4 Made by Honda?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:59:23 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"

Never. Not sure if I have ever even seen one in the "flesh". (I am one of
the many colonists on this list, although I'm sure you already had me pegged
as such).

> My Herald Convertible certainly was 'Sporting' if not an
> outright Sports Car per se... (especially when I tuned it
> with period tuning items = 100 bhp and 110 mph!)

I believe the original discussion centered around the "sports car" as
exemplified by the convertible 2 seater Triumphs (mostly TRs and perhaps
Spits as well, but you'll have to ask Kai M. Radicke for a specific
definition of what he meant). Also, I was not the originator of this thread
but rather responded to his earlier post. And furthermore, the discussion
was concerning stock cars, not tuned cars (at least I believe it was).

> And as for your saying that my Vitesse Convertible is not
> sporty at all ???

No I am not saying anything about your car. My comments were meant to
illustrate that the majority of Triumphs sold in the world were not 2 door
convertibles of the TR series but rather sedans. The original poster to whom
I replied (Kai M. Radicke) seemed to imply that Triumph has a strong
sporting image whereas Honda does not at least partly based on the types of
vehicles they sold (sedans vs roadsters). I was attempting to refute that
claim.

> Do you realise what you are saying ???

I don't think I am saying what you think I am saying, so I'd have to say "a
qualified no". :-)

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO