Re: Body Shell Painting

To: Harrymague@aol.com, TR6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body Shell Painting
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:44:12 -0400
Harry,
        The cars were painted with the panels on at the factory. That doesn't
mean it was the best way, it's just the way they chose, probably for
cost reasons. I'd apply one very light coat with panels off, then final
coat and clear coat with panels on.
        Strong advise learned from having done it: Resist the temptation to
apply seam sealer to the tops of the fender seams. TR6's flex so much
that cracks soon appear along these seams and spoil your new paint job.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U