Proper location for jack stands on a TR6 / Use ramp instead?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Proper location for jack stands on a TR6 / Use ramp instead?
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:50:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a small hydraulic jack that I have been using to lift my car for
tire/wheel changes.  After changing my oil for the first time last night, it
seems like jack stands would be a good idea to ease the effort required to
replace the filter canister, etc.

What are the proper locations for jack stands on a TR6 (4 corners)?

I am currently jacking up the entire side of the car by placing the jack on
the frame at the middle of the door when I change tires.  I don't know if I
can get it up on jack stands by doing one side at a time.  I seems like
jacking up the front and then the rear (if I had to) might be a better
solution.

What are the proper locations in the front and rear for a hydraulic jack?

As an alternative to jack stands, does anyone use the auto ramps with their
TR6?

Jack Radley