Re: Proper location for jack stands on a TR6 / Use ramp instead?

To: TR6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proper location for jack stands on a TR6 / Use ramp instead?
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:21:32 -0400
Jack,
        I just try and get the jack and jack stands on the frame as close to
the suspension attachment points as practical for the task at hand.
        I bought my first TR6 in 1973 and drove them exclusively until 1983.
I've always changed my own oil and it never occurred to me in all those
years to attempt a canister oil filter change from any position other
than leaning over the fender, hands and arms wrapped around the steering
column, fuel pump, filter and oil pressure sending unit. Changed to spin
on oil filters in 1989 and never looked back, but maybe if I had tried a
filter change from beneath the car I wouldn't have such awful memories
of the messy process.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO