Where to find Mechanical distributor for triple weber set up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Where to find Mechanical distributor for triple weber set up
From: DanniJesudowich <dannij@localnet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 12:51:48 -0500
I currently own a Triumph TR-250 (commission CD2976L  engine# CC2609E)
that has a set of triple Weber 40DCOE18 carburetors on a Cannon intake
manifold mounted to the engine. My question is this: the lines from
stock vacuum
advance distributor cannot be completely connected to this system,nor
should it be.
I need to find a manually adjustable distributor such as the Mallory
dual point (which I understand does not fit the 250/6 engine)..does
anyone know of a source in the US for such a distributor? Does anyone
know if the stock one can be modified..and by whom?
Does anyone out there have any direct experience with this set-up?..how
did you solve this problem?

Another question..I have attached a vacuum line from the PVC valve in
the valve cover to the intake manifold..and another from the tube in the
side of the valve cover to the intake manifold (no PVC..direct line)..is
this the thing to do in this case?..won't oil work it's way into the
manifold?..and if so, does that matter?

Any help would be appreciated!

Alex