Re: Fuel cell

To: "Rob C Swift" <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel cell
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 21:03:29 -0500
> From: Rob C Swift <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>

>       3: Most performance catalogs list a high impact resistant fuel cell,
along
> with traditional type plastic cells in the $150-$200 range.  There are
> obviously no models that will fit in the car as nicely as the factory
tank,
> but there are a few that will fit.  Most of these are a little on the
> square side and will protrude into the trunk space a few inches.  The
> benefit I feel strongly about with this option is the increase in impact
> resistance from the stock model.  I also think that nicely installed a
> "race cell" would look cool!  I am obviously not worried about keeping a
> stock look.  Major downsides to this option seem to be inefficient use of

> space in the trunk area (being square and leaving a lot of space on the
> sides, and going into the trunk), the fact that most of these tanks feed
> from the top of the tank and would probably require me converting to an
> electric fuel pump, and that if I were in an accident bad enough to
> compromise the factory fuel tank, I would probably be dead anyway!
>
> What do YOU think?

Rob,

One of the main problems with a fuel cell is that the bladder and foam
inside have limited lives and need periodic replacing. The life of the
bladder depends on the model you choose, and how much you spend. Some
bladders are guaranteed for 10 years, but those cells will cost over $500.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4A CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL