Re: Glovebox question- 6Pack TRials

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Glovebox question- 6Pack TRials
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:08:24 -0400
Cc: " TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com" <TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com writes:

>Hello List-

>Good question.
>
>The TRF Spare Parts Catalogue suggests a part number for a finger pull. It
is
>609463, but further indicates it was "not used on TR6 models."  What does
>this mean?  Only used on TR 250's? Or perhaps a useful item, but not
provided
>by the factory?
>
>Any other views?

Steve,

There is a little angle bracket with a rubber bump stop that pushes the
door back out when the latch is released.  The position of this little stop

needs to be adjusted to push out enough to overcome the spring in the
latch button but not so much that the door won't close.

My cubby box door opens fine after each time I adjust that stop.

For a while.

>The 6Pack Trials was a great time. If you have a TR 250 or a TR6, plan to
>join us next year in Rockford, Illinois!

Rockford?  I'll be there.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6