RE: Glovebox question- 6Pack TRials

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Glovebox question- 6Pack TRials
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:45:04 +0100
>===== Original Message From "Roger Elliott" <relliott@cjnetworks.com> =====
>The finger pulls were used in TR4's , but by the time of the TR250 they
>were removed.  This was part of the make the interior of the car safer
>campaign.  They (U.S. regulations) didn't want passengers to impale their
>foreheads on the finger pulls.  This is about the time that toggle switches
>and interior door pulls got removed and padding got added to the steering
>wheels.

Further to my views already outlined I seem to recall that on certain PI
models instead of that chrome finger there was somoe squarish rubber type
thing that could be used as a pull, not fitted to mine but could be that my
memory fails anyway?

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280