Auto Transport - Belated Thanks and A Learning Experience

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto Transport - Belated Thanks and A Learning Experience
From: "Stephen P." <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:27:09 PDT
I want to thank everyone on this list who gave me advise on how to bring a
TR3 from Appleton, Wisconsin down to the western suburbs of Chicago.  I was
surprised and very pleased at the response and helpfulness I received.
There are some really good people on this list.

For those interested in the story, a fellow had fully restored a 1959 TR3,
but was "afraid" to drive it fearing that any damage (scratches, rock chips,
etc.) would bother him to no end.  So he decided instead to sell the car.
He had a friend that had access to a flatbed truck and drove the truck to
and from the Chicago area regularly.  The seller was willing to share the
cost of the transport with me.  So my cost for the transport was only $125!
This is almost cheaper than drivng the car back.  I went to Appleton to look
at the car.  It was in great shape, but I couldn't buy it right then.  So,
the seller was willing to bring the car down to my house after cutting a
deal on the phone.  Sounds perfect.

The problem was that I hesitated.  I have some personal matters that I have
to take care of and these matters caused me to hesitate.  I was ready to cut
a deal with the seller Sunday afternoon, but he sold the car a few hours
earlier.

So the lesson is:  if you find something you like, buy it immediately.  Oh
well...

Regards,

Steve Peca
(former owner of)  1980 TR7 convertible