RE: Brake drums

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake drums
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:27:17 +0100
well, they might be rusty, but that'll mean that the rear brake cylinders are
not working, so you want to check anyway, apart from that if the brakes work
the drums can't rust, so he's talking bull****
>===== Original Message From "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com> =====
>Sumner, I have seen cars in fields for 30 years, and the drums still good,
>if I am entitled to a guess, another case of senior citizen beware, or John
>Q public beware, take the old drum to your local consumer affairs dept. and
>then go from there.

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048