Re: Brake drums

To: sweisman@gis.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake drums
From: SpitRacer9@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:45:23 EDT
My guess is that this is a safety issue and a liability issue.  The drums are
very rusted, I assume this on the outside.  He turns the drums down to
minimum thickness or close to it to true them up.  The metal on the outside
is fatiqued and brittle.  Sounds to me like a mechanic trying to cover his
a**.  What he is trying to avoid is the drum breaking and you coming back and
suing him.  I know a few mechanics and they would all rather install new bits
instead of fixing old ones.

aaron