TR6 Engine stand bolts

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Engine stand bolts
From: gspens <gspens@interactivemediaworks.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 09:41:02 -0500
Ok, I searched the listquest site, but still need a little
clarification.  I'm going to hang an engine on an engine stand, what is
the higher grade 8? grade 3? and what size bolt do I need to pass
through the holes on the tranny side of a TR6 engine?  I ask because I
went to my local parts store to get the bolts thinking grade 8 would be
fine, they tell me "no way, you need a much stronger bolt that we don't
sell" what is stronger than grade 8 and from searching the list, it
seems that grade 8 should be fine.  It looks like the holes should
accept a 5/16  bolt.  The parts place tells me that's too small to hold
the engine

Thanks ,
Graham Spencer