Spit transverse leaf sag - coil over boosters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit transverse leaf sag - coil over boosters
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:59:21 -0500

My first LBC was a 78 Spit with the traditional yielding of the transverse leaf
spring.  I purchased from my then local LBC supplier (English Only, in Detroit,
since moved elsewhere and/or out of the LBC business) a set of coil over shocks
to replace the factory shocks.  These shocks lifted the rear of the vehicle up
about 1/2 in. above nominal ride height (when new), stiffened the rear
suspension slightly and overall balanced the car to a neural handling from the
previous understeer.   I am looking for information on sources for a coilover
booster spring setup for a coworker.   I have an LBC coworker who's cubical is
across from mine who has gotten his late '70s Spit on the road and even drove it
in to work - first time there have been two LBCs in the parking lot here at
work.