Re: So I've broken my first couple of parts...

To: Dan Buettner/Nicole Cable <nickndan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: So I've broken my first couple of parts...
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 09:30:52 -0800 "So I've broken my first couple of parts..." (Oct 31, 12:06am)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Dan,

If you you were able to remove the fork from the pushrod it
isn't too hard to make a new pushrod. It's just a piece of
either 5/16" or 1/4" rod, rounded on one end and threaded
on the other. You'll have to check the size but round stock
is available at the hardware store. You can round the end
by chucking a piece of rod cut to the correct length and
hitting the end with a file and some emory paper to polish.

If the rod is truely twisted then you'll need to replace it
somehow. If it's only bent a little you should be able to
straighten it enough to be functional.

The temp gauge is another matter. I had my capillary tube
repaired a few years ago by Palo Alto Speedometer in Palo
Alto, CA. Cost something like $130 if I recall correctly.
I think you can get a better deal somewhere else though.
Another place that gets mentioned a fair amount when temp
gauges are broken is Nisongers somewhere in NY. I don't
have the address but they're in  the big list.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com