Re: Windscreen sealent

To: "Kyle K. Rice" <kkrice@earthlink.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windscreen sealent
From: "John Linnerth" <jklinn@kw.igs.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:08:07 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle K. Rice <kkrice@earthlink.net>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 7:46 PM
Subject: Windscreen sealent

>Listers,
>
>Does anyone know what was used to seal the windscreen to the body.  When I
>removed the windscreen, there was a gray sealant (looks like it was a roll
>of calking about 1/4 inch thick by 2 inches wide) between the body and the
>rubber windscreen seal.  I tried TRF but they did not know what to use.
>Does anyone know what this sealant is and where I can get some?
>
>Thanks Kyle.
>
>kkrice@earthlink.net

I think what you want is a Butyl glazing tape.
Go to your local glass company that installs store front glass and ask them
for something called Tremco 440 glazing tape. I comes in quite a few
different thickness and widths but not 2" wide so you will have to put down
a few strips to make up 2"
Should do the job for you.

John
76 TR6