Re: winter storage

To: BennettDat@aol.com
Subject: Re: winter storage
From: Dianne and Peter Fullam <dfullam@albany.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 23:05:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Bob,

Winter storage for my TR4 has never been a problem. When the first snow comes, I
disconnect the battery and throw an old bedspread over the car. The garage is in
the basement, so it never gets really cold. I leave the windows cracked about
3", and the interior doesn't get musty. Just smells like leather. Humidity
doesn't seem to bother it. Our daily drivers are in and out of the garage every
day, so it doesn't stay damp in there.

The bedspread covers from the windscreen back. I put an old cotton blanket over
the engine. Easier to remove for engine work. That's about it. No filling, no
draining, no jacking, no hermetic sealing, no sacrifices, rituals or
incantations. In the spring I charge the battery, pull the plugs, and run up
some oil pressure with the starter. I might check the plugs and points if I
can't remember the last time I did it. Button it up, light it off and get on
down the road :-]

Cheers,

Pete Fullam
CT19207L