Winter storage

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Winter storage
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:21:00 -0400
Well, winter is upon us, at least in central NY, and the thread makes its
yearly appearance. Where I live the roads are salted to a fare-thee-well
from November to April, so it's not often that I'll consider taking the car
out. The salt does amazing things to cars and I'd hate to think about
trying to get it out of a car that never had any sort of corrosion
protection beyond a bad coat of paint.

I've taken the car for its long ride months ago, filled the tank and thrown
the MG Mitten over it. The car is pushed back into the garage and the
snowblower has been brought to the fore. Part of the cycle of the seasons.
;-)

I got a sale catalog from TRF the other day and am making a list, which
includes a new top. Anyone that has seen my top knows that "rag"top is
quite appropriate.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (22 year owner)

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.